With our exceptional wedding gown department, we are prepared to clean, preserve and restore your cherished garments for future generations. Brides choosing to box their gowns may select our Heirloom Packaging, which includes an acid free window box for see-thru viewing.
The months, weeks and days preceding a wedding are full of ‘to do’ lists and details, large and small, that must be dealt with if the ‘BIG DAY’ is to be the success that dreams are made of. There are dresses to buy, tuxedos to rent, flowers to arrange, songs to select, a photographer to choose, appointments to make – the list of things to handle would fill pages. And the fear that some small detail has been missed, or some arrangement has not been made, never leaves the subconscious, and often even the conscious mind.
After the beautiful day is over, you’re usually off on your honeymoon trip. That gorgeous gown is usually left bunched up in a corner, placed under a bed, or in a closet. It’s not until some time later that thoughts of cleaning and preserving your expensive wedding gown reach the top of your “things to do” list.
Since many stains, especially alcohol and sugar, tend to “set” in fabric over time, it is a good idea to make sure that your gown is brought in to us for proper treatment as soon as possible. We will even be glad to come and pick up the gown for you. Just click here and we’ll be glad to arrange a convenient time.
Cleaning and preserving gowns is a job we take very seriously. Most brides want to preserve memories with pictures, videos, and a preserved wedding gown in a beautiful preservation chest. The task of preserving a wedding gown is multi-faceted. It involves:
- Proper inspection of all areas of the gown
- Proper testing of all the different beading and trim
- Selection of the soaps and solvents needed to carefully remove all stains
- Gentle cycle cleaning in a specially designed wedding gown net
- Careful re-inspection of all trim and soiled areas
- Meticulous pressing and stuffing with acid-free paper to ensure no fading over time
- Sewing of any loose beads or buttons or trim
- Careful placement in an acid-free box to ensure safe storage over the years
All these steps are taken to ensure your complete satisfaction in knowing that your gown will be a valued keepsake in your family for many years to come. When you trust your gown to us, a simple pressing 20 years from now will have your gown ready to wear by the next generation!!!